Monday, September 28, 2015

let it snow!

Hello and Happy Monday!!
I have a quick and simple card to 
share with  you today.
I recently took an online class over at Craftsy.com
The instructor was Laura Bassen from Doublestick Heaven.
The class was Vibrant Stamping - Creative Color Techniques.
This class was so much fun and Laura was a fabulous instructor.
I learned some new techniques I cannot wait to try,

The first technique I could not wait to try was partial die cutting.
I have recently been buying lots of stamps that have the matching dies,
so this technique was perfect to try out.

The cute little snowman and sentiment is from Simon Says Stamps
Winter Friends stamp and Cold Weather Friends matching Dies,
I colored the snowman using my Spectrum Noir Markers.
The circle is a Spellbinders die.

I made my card a shaker, The background is colored with 
Distress Ink and stamped with little snowflakes from the 
same Winter Friends stamp set.
I added some glitter and sequins to my shaker.
I also added a few Doodlebug Sprinkles and
some crinkle ribbon.


I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by!!

4 comments:

Lin said...

Such a cute design, Kathy! Love the seam binding running down the side and all the blues you used! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

mamawcindy said...

Your Card is so Cute,Love the added crinkle ribbon. Glad I stopped by.
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute card...love the way you crinkled the ribbon along the edges!
Sherrie K

Lisa said...

Hello my friend!! I'm back and trying to catch up on all of your gorgeous projects I've missed (I apologize in advance for inundating your inbox with emails as I check them out!!) Thank you so much for stopping by to visit while I was gone :)

This is so sweet!! I love the adorable snowman!! How fun you turned him into a shaker!! The crinkle ribbon looks so fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts