Thursday, August 23, 2012

Theme Day Thursday - Apples or Fruit

 
How are all my crafty friends today??
I am getting ready to go in vacation next week
so I have been super busy at work!!
 
We are going to Chicago!!
My hubby works for Amtrak, and he got
picked to be in a safety video.
So the company is flying him to
Chicago for the video shoot and we decided
to make a vacation out of it!!
We have been there once before, so are really
looking forward to visiting again.
And one stop I am going to be sure to
make is to the Archiver's Store!!
We do not have Archiver's in California.
 
Anyway, enough chit chat, on to my project.
Today is Theme Day Thursday, and the theme today
was to use an apple or any fruit cut.
I decided to combine the theme with a swap
I am participating in.  For the swap, I was to make a
fall card with an embellishment.
 
Here is my card.

 
All my cuts are from an oldie but a goodie "Doodlecharms"
The basket was cut at 2.80" out of kraft cardstock.
I embossed it with the Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug folder.
I then inked it with Tea Dye Distress Ink.
The bands on the basket were cut in grey and I
added brads as the rivits.
 
 
My apples were cut at 1.5".  I cut the base layer in green
and instead of cutting the piece for the stem,
I just used a marker to color the stem brown.
Now, my favorite kind of apple is a Gala Apple.
So I decided to make my apples look like Galas.
I cute the top layer out of yellow, and then used
Fired Brick Distress Ink and pounched the color
on.  I also embossed them using the Swiss Dots Folder.
I just love the way they turned out!!


The sentiment is from My Pink Stamper
"Fruit and Veggie Puns".
The pattern paper is from an old
CTMH paper pack called "Twitterpated".
 
Hop on over to My Cricut Craft Room
to see more fun fruit projects!!
 


13 comments:

[Melissa] said...

So cute. Love the attention to detail on everything. Fabulous!

Melissa, MCCR DT

Cathy said...

Great job. I love the sentiment and the basket, kinda looks real!
catyplus5.blogspot.com
MCCR DT

Nanne said...

Love the way you created your apples to look like Galas, I'm a golden delicious kind of gal..LOL
Great job on your card..
hugs
Nanné
MCCR DT Sister

Heather Lynn said...

How cool that your hubby is going to be in a video and you get to go to Chicago!! I love Archiver's! Be sure to print some coupons before you go! ;) Love your cute card! Love the basket!! Great job!

Hugs,
HL
MCCR DT SIS

ClaireR said...

Awesome card Kathy. I love the paper you chose, very fall-ish. The embossed apples add some nice texture and while the brads add some dimension.
TFS!
ClaireR
My Cricut Craft Room DTM
www.ThreeWatersCreations.com

Audrey said...

What a great Fall Card. I always loved going the Apple Harvest Festival when I lived in NY State, now that I live in Mexico fall is just not the same. No falling leaves no spectacular colors but it is a beautiful place. Fall as always been my favorite season. I really love your card. Brings back great memories!

L.B. said...

Love the way you textured and colored these apples. Enjoy our windy city..I highly recommend Art Institute, Navy Pier, Lincoln Park Zoo

Unknown said...

Awesome card! Love the details you added.
Lisa
MCCR DT

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card!! I love the apples and the basket!! Have a great time in Chicago!! I've never been to an Achievers either :) Have a great weekend and a safe trip my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome card!!! I love the embossing!!! Have a great trip to Chicago! Have fun at Archiver's!! Love that store:) Safe travels!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Jodie R said...

Love the apples! They really do look like Gala apples too! Such a cute card!

Have fun in Chicago! I was there 17 years ago and had a blast. 9 months later we had a bouncing baby boy! Lol! The city is awesome and the food is so yummy!!

Candy said...

Cute card Kathy! Have a great vacation!!
Candy

Gloria said...

Very yummy basket! I hope you have a fun vacation!!

Precious Hugs
OmaGloria