Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Would You Ever Guess Wednesday

Today is Would You Every Guess Wednesday over at My Cricut Craft Room
My Cricut Craft Room
We could use the feature keys on a cartridge, make a cake project with a regular cartridge, or use a regular cartridge to make a cake creation. We also had the option to use the Icon Feature Key. So there are 5 different ways that we could have made our projects today.  Now I had signed up to use the Feature key, but I misunderstood that I was supposed to use the Icon Feature key!!  I thought I could use any feature key.  Oh well, I will get the hang of this sooner or later!  Anyway, here is my project:



For this card I used the Beyond Birthdays and George and Basic Shapes cartridge.  It was a fairly simple card to make, but I had the hardest time cutting the center part with the word love.  I had to cut it 3 times because the paper kept tearing!!  UGGGG!!  And I was using one of my favorite Close to My Heart paper packs "Sillouette". 

Anyway, I finally got it cut out, and assembled the card.  I used the framed feature on the Beyond Birthdays cartridge.  This image is on the bottom row. 3rd from the left.  I cut the same image several times, each layer I hid certain cuts using my gypsy.  For the card base, I welded two of the ovals with a small little rectangle from George.  All the oval images were cut at 6" W, and the rectangle was cut at .56" H.




Here are a couple of pictures that show the images on my gypsy screen before and after welding together and then a pic of all images cut on the mat.  I added a piece of red glitter cardstock to the back of the center image, so that the red glitter would show through the word LOVE.

I inked the whole think up with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye, added some Scarlett Red Crinkle Ribbon from My Craft Spot, and then I added some little red glitter dots from Stampendus.


5 comments:

Josie0602 said...

Very pretty!! I can also picture that in a larger version on a wood plaque for a home decor item!


Tracy

Sheila said...

Beautiful!!

DT sis,
Sheila

Doris P. said...

pretty card!! love the paper too! -DT sis :)

Marji said...

This is so pretty! I have been having paper issues today. Hate when it happens especially to my favorite paper! Great job, this would be so pretty a lot bigger as wall art!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card!!!! Yeah, I hate it when the paper rips too. :( Have a wonderful day!!!